Page under construction.
For information on my ongoing and developing field research see the Projects page at The OVRP website.
- Conflict resolution across human societies
- Cultural diversity of punishment behaviors and systems
- The cultural ecology of hunter-gatherer leadership
- Hawks and doves: Are there aggressive and non-aggressive types?
- Follower preferences and the emergence of leadership in response to group size and structure
Theoretical and conceptual work
- A theoretical and strategic model of shamanism
- Leadership and prestige, mothering, sexual selection, and encephalization: The computational services model
- There is no ethnography of ancestral societies: A critique of recent comparative methods
- Testing Evolutionary Alternative Models of Third-Party Punishment: A Multidisciplinary Approach
- The face of a leader: A cross-national analysis